Bastille on Mac OS X
Major update underway for OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Bastille for Tiger is in Beta!
Bastille supports OSX through the tarball only.
If you are running Jaguar (OS X 10.2), STOP and read the OS X 10.2 instructions.
Bastille requires X support if you want to run the GUI configurator. To run in such an environment, follow the instructions below:
1. Download the OSX tarball from the Bastille OSX: Bastille-OSX-beta-100106.tgz
2. Uncompress the file, like so:
tar -xzvf Bastille-OSX-beta-100106.tbz2
3. Run the install script, like so:
cd Bastille && sh bin/Install-OSX.sh
4. Confirm that you have perl-Tk installed.
5. Start up an X Server.
6. Run bastille -x.
We're working on doing the following work on the OS X side- please feel free to volunteer help:
- Building an OSX package
- Building a .app framework to run Bastille
- Adding more hardening items
- Testing to confirm that each item works
- Adding more assessment items
- Building a Cocoa interface
The following resources were useful in extending Bastille to OS X:
Bastille wishes to thank Stephen Northcutt, of The SANS Institute for his
support in porting Bastille to OS X.